Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, "Tank"!






My sweet little, Ethan (most commonly referred to as Tank), turned 4 today.

From the beginning Ethan has done everything on his time, his terms. He decided that being born on Christmas day was not going to happen (I must say, I'm glad). It seemed to work a little better for him to join his family December 13th (no, it wasn't Friday). At the hospital, Ethan did not wait for the doctor to be present to deliver him. He came on his own and our awesome nurse brought him into this world. As soon as he was born, daddy went to cut his cord and Ethan peed all over! This is still so hilarious to me... I am so grateful for the memory of your birth, and the amazing memories we have with you from the past 3 years. From the moment you were born you made us laugh, and today you continue to do the same thing. You are the light in my life. To my little man, my "big tank", my little Ethan Ryan; I love you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I honestly can not believe he is 4! Time has seriously flown. I actually did a double take because I thought I had read it wrong. CRAZY! He sure is a handsome devil. I remember when you were pregnant with him and you guys were so worried that you would not be able to love him as much as Connor because how could anyone be as great as Connor? I guess this is proof of the idea that with each child you do not divide the love, you just grow more. Can't wait to see what Jaxon turns out like.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I honestly just went back again to reread and make sure that I hadn't read it wrong. I really can't believe he is four!

The Grantham Family said...

WOW is right! I love his little story and he is so dang cute. I have to agree with Linds. I remember when you guys were expecting him and now it has been 4years and another is on the way!! Time really does go on by...so fast!

Anonymous said...

What would we do without our boys? What a handsome little man!