On February 5th our little man broke his arm. Five weeks later, I'm finally blogging about this. Yeah, yeah, I remember my New Year's resolution... and at least it's getting done! So, my sweet boy was running from the bathroom and slipped on the floor, he landed on his arm wrong and BROKE it!
I was on the computer writing a talk for the next day, when Chris brought him in to me and said "Jaxon says his arm hurts, but look at this, it doesn't look right!" Yeah, it sure didn't. I could tell it was broken, just by the way the arm now dipped down, not being supported by the bone. We called grandma who came and watched the kids, while Chris and I went to the ER with Jaxon.
Honestly, Jax cried for a minute, that's it! He would say "My arm hurts..." Or, we'd get an "Ouch", but that was all. He was so brave. He amazed the ER staff and doctors, with his bravery. The nurse attending us went out and grabbed other nurses to come meet the boy who felt no pain. He was the best patient!!! Every time someone entered the room he would say "Hi, I'm Jaxon. I'm three and I broke my left arm!" He was all smiles and jokes, typical Jaxon fashion.
Jaxon is now cast free! After four weeks he can take a "real" bath and is enjoying having his mobility back in his arm. I am so proud of you, brave little man! What a great memory your dad and I have of you and this experience. We love you!!!
Chris and Jaxon, patiently waiting...
The X-Ray- ouch!
In his room in the ER, can you tell his left arm (the one resting) dips down?
On the I.V, waiting for the Dr. to reset the bone.
Jax really wanted a red cast, but they didn't have it. Our awesome nurse wrapped it with red tape, but we had to take it off so everyone could sign his cast!
Follow up visit with the Dr. Getting ready to get rid of "thumper" (yes, the cast was named...)
Mr. Muscles flexing the goods! No more cast.






3 comments:
Awesome awesome awesome. What a little man. Did you know he called me yesterday. It was a great message! ;)
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry... he and Grace love calling people.
It was pretty hysterical. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Gracie cooed some, but mostly Jack just sang. And yelled at Grace for a minute or two because, as he put it, the phone was HIS and HE WAS TALKING! Ha ha ha. Totally made my day.
Post a Comment