Okay, the story for TOWF actually starts about 17 years ago...
My parents took me to a Kenneth Cope concert in Tacoma, where I sat front row. I can remember innocently telling my mom after the concert "I am going to marry Kenneth Cope". Well, my mom had to gently explain to me that Kenneth Cope was already married.
Thanks to a few friends in my ward / neighborhood I was strongly encouraged to attend Time Out for Women. For those of you who don't know what it is or what it's about, click here. Anyway, it's 2 days of spiritual fulfillment, laughter, and self reflection. Well, when I saw that Kenneth Cope was going to be at TOFW in St.George, I about had a heart attack. Let me just say, that totally sealed the deal! I had a wonderful time listening to amazing presenters address topics that I swear were exactly what I needed. One minute I was crying, the next I was laughing (Thanks, Whitney Bird and Melissa Spragg for warning me to get tissues...)
Thanks to my friends (especially you Mons), for encouraging me to go up and talk to Kenneth Cope, I got his autograph and a picture. Of course, I had been crying and I'm 9 months pregnant, so my picture with Kenneth isn't the greatest, but o-well! I finally got a picture. I am so grateful to my mom, for playing his music for us since we were young. He is a wonderful singer / songwriter, with a great messages about the Savior.
Can't wait for next year; mom, Aunt Laura, Nana, and my sisters are all going to go! Today, we were encouraged to take one thing we know and share it with someone. I want to share with you all that I love the Savior. He is the Redeemer of this world, and I know he lives! I guess I've just shared 3 things. My testimony today was so strengthened!!! I would encourage everyone to take time out for you, go to Time out For Women. Thank you soooo much, Whitney for saving the amazing seats we had! To top of my day, I came home to a perfectly clean house and no injured children, I love you Chris. Thanks for taking vacation today and allowing me the chance to have a day for me!
Kenneth Cope
Mine, Me, Miranda, Danielle, Eliza, Brandi and Viviann
Mons & I
Eliza, Brandi and Viviann
The presenters
Patiently waiting for the lady in front of me...
Signing my new CD... everyone needs to buy this! It's awesome!
Telling Kenneth the story above... He was laughing, as well as the ladies behind me ;-)
Kenneth Cope and I (and my big prego belly)!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
TOFW!
Posted for your viewing pleasure, by
Brittany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You crack me up!! Thanks for sharing this...
i love you woman! i'm so glad you got to have such a great day and grow in the Lord!
Oh my cuteness of a belly!!! You look beautiful! That sounds like so much fun! Love the story about Kenneth Cope. He really is great! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Hang in there! Can't wait to see your baby GIRL!
Hey Sis,
Loved the stroll down memory lane when you called Saturday! Who knew that buying those CD's would bring such fun years later. Grandma says she's on board next year..e-mail the girls and Laura and lets do it! I adore you...see you soon!
love mom
Wasn't it so great! I think the picture of you and Kenneth is cute!:)
You are sooo amazing Brittany! I just love you to death! (so did you get your signed cd back from the thief???)
Post a Comment