Today, our ward had the opportunity to participate in the SUDSA (Southern Utah Downs Syndrome Association) Buddy Walk. Our neighbor and friend, James is the president of the Southern Utah Chapter and his son, Jonny, also has Downs. He is an amazing boy, who is so full of life! Jonny is in Connor's scout troop and his class at school. James asked the scouts in Jonny's troop to accompany Jonny, as he carried the flag for the Buddy Walk today. My boys thought it was extremely funny to call it a "Bunny" walk and teased that there should be a big bunny giving out candy ;-) They were quite impressed with themselves over that joke...
When we first got to the park, we picked up our shirts and ate breakfast. There was a bounce house and slide set up for the kids to play at. Of course my boys spent the whole morning there. Home Depot came and brought projects for the kids to make. They could choose to make a tool box, memory box, or a bean bag toss game. Connor and Ethan went hard at work on their tool boxes. I thought the bean bag toss was cute, so I picked that up for Jaxon to do (we brought it home to finish). There was a WII set up on a big screen t.v and little prizes at some of the booths. My kids especially enjoyed the basketball hoop, at the AllState booth. Connor was overjoyed when the guy told him, he was champ of the day, making the most baskets. There was also a clown there to make swords and guns (I'm sure she made other things...), which the boys snagged. And also, a DJ who played some awesome music, which he donated his time, and my cute little white boys got out there and shook it (until they noticed me with the camera, hence no "Macarena" pictures- wish I would have snagged some of Viviann and Eden ;-) ) The buddy walk is now going to be a tradition for us, it was a blast!
After the walk was over, we packed up our toolboxes with toys, balloon guns and swords, and our remaining energy- and headed off to Dixie rock!
Chris and I used to take Connor and Ethan hiking quite a bit. I don't know what happened, when Jaxon happened, but hiking quit happening. I decided with the beautiful day outside, we were going to go eat lunch on the rock and do a little exploring. I figured, although prego, if Jaxon can hit the hills exploring, I could too! I was a little wrong. He's almost two and has more energy than anyone in our family, and let's face it- the kid's a MONKEY!
We had a great day today, we missed daddy, but it's turkey season. We'll see him in a few days :-) Here are some pictures
from our exciting day:
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Primary Activity
Posted for your viewing pleasure, by
Brittany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun, kenz would love to go hiking up those rocks, miss that red dirt... What a great tradition you started.
you always do the funnest things with your boys! way to go, especially to a girl who's about to burst. can't wait for baby girl to arrive.
Post a Comment