Friday, July 25, 2008

Goodbye, for now...


We were in Lake Powell until this past Tuesday. As soon as I was able to get cell service, there were several messages on my phone. When I returned phone calls I heard some devistating news. One of my best friends had died in a car accident. I have spent the last three days trying to figure out why this happened to such a wonderful person... I have received comfort in the email that her husband sent us (refer to Christie MacDonald's blog). And, I now need to take a moment to express my feelings, and help to gain some closure.

Ali was an amazing woman! She was the person who put everyone first, the person you admired and looked up to. Through high school I struggled a lot with my testimony and Ali was the "rod" I could look to for strength. She never wavered or walked on borrowed light, but always knew and chose the right. Ali was such a beautiful person who exuded a light that all those around her could see. What talent she had! She could clog, sing, dance and was an awesome volleyball player! I have the most wonderful memories of her. I will never forget everything she has done for me. Ali left behind a wonderful husband and three beautiful kids. From the time I can remember, that was all she wanted in life was to be a wife and mother. She was the most amazing of both. For those of you who know Ali or her dad, who was also killed in the accident, a blog has been set up so you can post comments and memories:

http://www.craigandallison.blogspot.com

Ali, I love you! For all our inside jokes that only you will understand: PYASB; poke!poke!poke! A-Carmen, and B-Carmen...Thank you for reminding me to kiss my husband and hug my kids every chance I get. Even in your death you have passed along reminders of how short our earthly life is. I am comforted that I will see you again, my beloved friend and sister!

7 comments:

Blondemom said...

What a touching post, it always seems to be those that touch our life the most that leave us way to soon... It is comforting to know we will see them again. How blessed we are for the knowledge that we live forever and we will see each other again. So sorry for your lose, I know you have so many around you that love and care for you, I hope during this time you will be able to feel all there prayers and love.

Bale Family said...

Wow! I'm crying like a baby right now! That really hit home. How amazing she was and is still and always will be!

Anonymous said...

Hi my love!
Your tribute to Ali was beautiful...just as she was. It is so hard as a parent to see my daughter's friend taken so young. I had a difficult time getting through the service, seeing her beautiful face through the face of her daughter. How precious a mother/daughter relationship is!! I feel close to your friends..if for no other reason because we are all sisters and friends. I'm sure Ali was and is a friend to all our sisters (grandmothers, daughters, mothers and friends) as she continues to influence and love those around her. I will always love and cherish her fiesty spirit...I love a woman who knows who she truly is and expresses that knowlegde through her actions. My fondest memory...at your sixteenth birthday party..we sent your little sisters away to spend the night with friends so you and a few friends could have our little house to yourselves just to be goofy and have fun! I walked in to the family room to see what you all were laughing about and found you all with gummy bears stuffed up your noses!! What joy I felt to know that I had passed down to my daughter my sense of humor and that you had friends that were the same! I love my daughters! Maybe you can send Kathy some of your memories of Ali. She'd love it!! You, my Bree, are an amazing woman, mother and wife...thank you for all the precious things you have taught me. I love and adore you!...mom

Tyra said...

Hi Brittany,
I talked to your mom and also your grandma at Ali's funeral service. Just wanted to let you know that we digitally recorded it for Trevor, since he could not make it. If you would like to listen to it, let me know! It was a beautiful tribute to their lives. It may help bring closure and understanding......

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Brittany,
I am so sorry! My heart is breaking right now. Please know that I am thinking of you and hoping that you are doing okay. It seems like since becoming a mom, these things always hit me a little harder and if nothing else this is definitely a testament to me that I need to cherish every minute I have with those I love.

Lora Lovell said...

Britt,
I am sooo sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend and her father. My heart aches for anyone that knew her, especially her husband and three children. I cannot imagine what they are going through. It sure makes you want to kiss and hug your spouse and your kids non-stop. It is times like these that remind us what is the most important in our lives...our family and friends. Take Care and let me know if you need anything. I went through this just before I got married. So, I understand how you are feeling right now. I am so sorry....

jallen06 said...

Britt,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish I was there to give you a big hug!!! Take Care girlie!!!