Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jaxon Dean Harney













Well, we did it!
Jaxon finally arrived, on his own, on January 15th at 9:51 am. Our little (literally) angel was born a whopping 6lbs 14oz and only 18 inches long. He was our smallest baby, and after "tank", he was a welcome size.

The story of Jaxon's birth was absolutely amazing. One of my friends had a baby in October and recounted how her husband was able to deliver the baby. Chris and I thought it would be such an amazing thing for him to do, but not something we ever discussed with our doctor, so it was put on the back burner. WARNING: this next part, is a little descriptive. At about 9:45 am, I could feel Jaxon was about ready to be born. I could feel Jax's head drop and the immediate urge to push. At that very moment, Chris decided he needed a little nap. I quickly yelled at him to go get the nurse. He asked if it could wait, but I insisted he go get the nurse!!! When he returned without her; stating "they're going to page her for us". I screamed that we didn't have time and I could feel the baby's head. It was time to go, NOW! He ran back out of the room and exclaimed to the nurses at the station "Uh, my wife says she can feel the babies head, or something?" At that point the nurse's all ran into our room. A quick exam confirmed that once again, we might be delivering a baby without the doctor. To our relief, the doctor made it to the hospital before Jaxon was born. The idea we had about Chris delivering the baby was most definitely pushed aside, since everyone was hurrying to get everything prepared for our delivery. Since all I could do was lay in bed and try not to push, I boldly asked the doc if my wonderful husband could bring our beautiful boy into the world. Surprisingly, the doctor agreed and the nurses jumped on Chris (not literally), but getting him gloves, a smock, and prepping him briefly on what to do. Chris, receiving only verbal instruction from the doctor, began instructing me to push. He was there to clean the babies mouth and nose. He pulled Jaxon's head and shoulder's slowly, and then set him on my tummy! He did everything!!! It was the most amazing experience.

6 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

That is so neat! I am so glad you posted. I have been wondering when we would be seeing pictures of this little guy. Luckily the Banks' were on top of it and had a few pics on their blog. He is beautiful! I hope you are all doing well, update a little more often so we can watch little Jaxon grow.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

He is beautiful! What an amazing experience for both you, Chris, and baby Jaxon! Congrats guys!

The Grantham Family said...

Bri

YAE! I am so excited to finally see your little guy. Has it been a HUGE change for you to have a baby around again...and what about going from 2 kids to 3? What an amazing story you have to tell that Chris delivered his baby. That is super cool!

Jennifer said...

hi it's sam banks' little sister here... isn't it crazy that our babies were born on the same day. Jaxon is so cute, I love the one with him smiling..don't you just love it when they do that! Congrats!

Kortney Manning said...

Hi- This too, is a random comment left, much like the one I left for Sam Banks and his wife, but I had to say hi! I went to high school with Chris, and it was really fun to see your blog. Cute kids!Beautiful new baby! Congrats! Tell him I say Hello!
Kortney (snow) Manning

Anonymous said...

What a story! Wow! Who knew Chris had it in him? Do we here Med. school calling? I'm so happy for you guys and I am sooo sorry its taken so long for me to check your blog! I haven't updated mine since, but I had to check it out to see the new baby! CoNgRaTs & LoVe yOu GuYs! P.S. Britt you look too amazing in the picture after delivery! I looked like I had been ran over by a truck! You don't even look sweaty! NOT FAIR! :)