Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fieldtrip FUN


Like I mentioned in my earlier post, Ethan has been in preschool at Mindy Young's. She does an in home preschool. We love her! She is excellent with the kids and always plans fun things for them to do. At the end of September I was able to escort Ethan and his class to Park Discovery in Cedar City. For those of you with kids that have never been, GO! This park was built, literally and financilly, from donations from local businesses and individual's. There is so much to do! During the warmer months there is a "pool" of water that has sea creatures (fake), but the kids can pick up squid, star fish, and other water creatures and learn about them. There is a sand pit that has dinosaur fossils that the kids can dig up... I can't say enough about this place, it was so much fun!!! The second field trip Ethan was able to go on was to the firestation. October was national fire saftety month. Chris tagged along to help with the kids, but it turned out he was the one that needed help. Being the only dad to go on the field trip, he had the privelage to dress up like a firefighter and do demonstrations for the kids with the other firefighters. The kids received firefighting certificates, stickers, a firefighter hat, and lots of knowledge of what to do if you catch on fire; STOP! DROP! and ROLL! (Ethan sings this song so well to help him remember...) Anyway, enjoy some snap shots of these fun field trips!


3 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Thanks for a new post! I love reading about your cute little family and I wish we lived closer because it has been so long since we have hung out. I can't believe how big Ethan has gotten. Please, please, please plan a trip up I would love to see you guys.

Shannon said...

Very cute photos. I like all the boys on the bike - it's pretty hard-core! :) I'm glad everything's going well with the pregnancy and can't wait to meet little Jaxon. It will be interesting to see what he looks like since you already have a mini-Brittany and a mini-Chris. Did you know Sam and I will be up there next weekend? I hope you guys will be around and available so we can see you. Well, talk to you soon I hope. Tell Chris I like the facial hair!

The Grantham Family said...

Fun times! I agree with Shannon and loved the picture with Chris and the boys on the bike! Soon there will be 4...love the name you picked and cute way to spell Jaxon!